Monday, January 18, 2010

Places I Can Find Margarita Buckets

virtual world in the virtual world - "Chronic City" Jonathan Lethema and "Virually dead" Peter Maya

It seems that more and more likely to be announced plateau in the development of Second Life is actually a chance to be more desperate than the effect of treatments M Linden, and, indeed, as suggested by Tateru Nino , time to start ponder over this, as , not or at all, virtual spaces will be present in people's lives.

The fact that VR manages to slowly grow into the cultural achievements of the stable and sustainable manner, which lie in the different events and artifacts that make up this charming tower Babel, called civilization, I found out on my own sleepy eyes this morning during a meeting with a guy copper Robot, New York writer Jonathan Lethem .

as the hero of Jonathan Lethem's book - Tooth Perkus

Action
latest novel, Jonathan - Chronic City - played out in an alternate version of present / near future, in a world in which the building World Trade Center was never destroyed, and the death of Marlon Brando will be a reality until it is determined in a thread discussion on Wikipedia. In this writer's mind created in the virtual space to virtual space appears in the electronic version. Not called Second Life. It is called Yet Another World (finesse, for my taste). However, quite clearly, like the SL-this fable:

Yet Another World in Chronic City, a fragment of a novel

What is really interesting, a little, tiny detail - Jonathan Lethem never reappear in-world.
Actually, I was a little frightened. I began to fear that everything I see, will only be irritatingly dull carbon copy of scribbles obsessively running around in search of a naked penis freaks, popularly known as journalists. Or more cenzuralną, though not necessarily a better version in the style of the developing science - "Yes, I examined /-I of Second Life. All I know. It's a world where you can fly."
Lethem, however, surprised. By no means the fidelity and accuracy of description. Knocked me down approach. "After what I had come to Second Life?" But I'm a writer. My job is to pretending I know what you do not know. I read a few blogs. Enough. " Piskelowym around them expressed one idea - why at all about the hooking, but this is irrelevant.
troubled for a moment and I understood.
Suppose that pushed his weakness caused by a fever, or dyspepsia decide to write book. Because I do not like, how cold it is, probably umieściłabym share in one of the nicest scenery zaoknowa than, say in South America. Does anyone would blame me for that before writing not bite I flew there and spent months on spoufalaniu with aboriginals, exploring the essence of their culture? If he had, odpowiedziałabym exactly the same as Jonathan - is irrelevant, yet I do not write a tourist guide, I read a few blogs and just.
And then my novel would become an international bestseller jeździłabym from the capital and the capital of lectures on the intricacies of the nature of the protagonist. I trafiłabym eventually to South America. I sat at a meeting of copyright Biblioteca Nacional del Perú in Lima, podskakiwałabym mentally exhilarated that I had the opportunity to be in a place where my literary figure in the fifth chapter of the third copy was lending the books nation and the Polish Pilgrims (so shoot, because I assume that Polish immigrants have taken care to choose this wonder was there.) And nothing and nothing that I did not care that I ordered your hero approaches the book to the counter on the left of the entry, even though "we all know, after all - and got angry shouting Peruvian literary critics - that the Biblioteca Nacional del Perú in Lima, borrow books at the counter on the right!" It does not matter. That was not important.

lightness with which Jonathan Lethem accept your ignorance of the SL would suggest that eventually lived to the time at which VR has become a regular part of reality, an object, scene, and not very interesting w sobie. I chwała Lindenowi. Jeśli wreszcie zaczniemy wbijać gwoździe bez gapienia się na młotek, to może nawet uda się coś zbudować. Bo nie ma co ukrywać, obserwowanie walenia się po palcach już chyba wszystkich znudziło.


Dla równowagi wspomnę jeszcze o najnowszej powieści Petera Maya - Virtually dead . Dla równowagi, ponieważ jest ona wynikiem bardzo wnikliwej penetracji Second Life. Używając avatara o imieniu Flick Faulds, autor przez ponad rok prowadził in-world agencję detektywistyczną, gathering material for a criminal history "about the fate of the male photographer in RL for the police at the scene, and discovers the primordium between what happens to the victims of what happens to their avatars.
did not read, but available online audiobook excerpt (for the hearing HERE) provide a robust approach to the matter. While looking at the author's working methods, for example in a series of China Thrillers , it was a solidity to be quiet.



---------------------------


Ps I checked out of curiosity. I was right, the Book of the nation and the Polish Pilgrims are available in the Biblioteca Nacional del Perú:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment